News & Upcoming Events
- ADVENT CELEBRATION OF THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION – We invite all parishioners to prepare for the coming of Christ by participating in the celebration of the sacrament of Penance:
– Saturday, December 8th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
– Saturday, December 15th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
– Monday, December 17th – Reconciliation Monday 8:00am to 8:30am & 3:00pm to 5:00pm & 7:00pm to 8:00pm Saturday, December 22nd from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- BAMBINELLI SUNDAY – Good Shepherd Parish will celebrate the Third Sunday of Advent with more than a rose candle this year. On this day which is for “rejoicing”, we are also adopting the Vatican tradition of blessing Nativity scene figures of the baby Jesus. We ask every household in our parish, young and old, to unpack your creche and bring the baby Jesus from your family’s Nativity scene to Church to be blessed at any Sunday Mass on the weekend of December 15th/16th, the Third Sunday of Advent.
- 2018 ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL – We are encouraging all of our parishioners who have not made a gift to the 2018 Annual Catholic Appeal to do so before December 31st. This is an $8 million initiative conducted throughout the Diocese of Brooklyn to support the pastoral, charitable, and education ministries of the Catholic Church. Appeal envelopes are available throughout the Church and you can also donate on-line by going to: www.AnnualCatholicAppeal.org